- Are you ready to take control of your anger?
- Have colleagues, friends or family members complained about your temper?
- Has your anger led to problems with the law, as work or your home?
- Do ypou find it difficult to remove yourself from a scene of conflict?
- Do you yell when you are in tense situations?
How does anger management help?
Anger is complicated. On the one hand anger is an emotion, sometimes appropriate sometime less so, but in and of itself, it is reletively harmless as an emotion. On the other hand it is part of a complex fight, flight or freeze physical reaction that, unchecked, can lead a person to damage property, harm relationships or even act outside of the law.
In anger management programs we discuss, learn and practice effective new skills that can decrease the damage that unmanaged anger and rage can have on one's life.
Skills include communication, stress management strategies and emotional intellegence. The process of meeting consistently and regularly with others and completeing between-class written work leads to real chance of behavior change.Treatment options